M.C

M.C

Friday, June 17, 2011

Global Student Anticipation and Expectation

Good Morning!
I decided I want to get this as quickly done as possible because I still have a lot to do in these next 2 months. So, bear with me or don't even read at all, I could care less. I will conquer these courses either way.
So, let us begin our journey.

Anticipation and Expectation Exercise

A. What are the five things that you are most looking forward to about studying abroad?

1.Learning German

2.Learning culture

3.Living in a complete different place

4.Seeing the beauties of Europe

5.Creating good friendships

B. What are the five things that currently worry you most about going overseas?

1.Fitting in

2.Language barrier

3.homesickness

4.Living in a complete different culture

5.Expressing myself

C. What are the five things (people, places, activities, etc.) you believe you will miss most from home when abroad?

1.Track and Cross Country team

2.Beauties of Utah.... running through them, hiking, etc.

3.Timpview- I'm gonna miss that school so much.

4.Family and friends

5.Mormons

D. What are the five things (people, places, activities, etc.) you believe you will miss least from home when abroad?

1.Mormons being everywhere

2.creepy people

3.our food

4.Being extremely bored in school

5. This is hard... Probably all the stress at home.

E. My greatest single challenge overseas will be: Probably fitting in. That goes along with being able to express my self in another language, and culture. I don't like to admit it ever but I'm a bit shy when first meeting people. I have to trust one before I can actually express my true self in front of them. That'll be a big challenge. Also, missing my cross country team. I love that team and sport so much.

We will definitely see what happens.

This list was kind of what came right off of my head, not thoroughly thought through. But, it is the truth. Hope you enjoy the colors atleast




No comments:

Post a Comment