
If it's any new news to you, I'm going to be living in Germany for 10 months starting in the middle of August. I got the scholarship, my belt is buckled, my shoes are tied and I am on the verge of being ready.
I will be departing Mormonville on August 14th to then arrive in Washington D.C to group up with the gang (exchange group). After that, I will arrive in Leipzig and then take off to a month long language/culture training camp in some really little village by the name of Hedersleben. After this, I will be arriving to my wonderful Host Family (The Schusters) in Forrcheim, Northern Bavaria in the middle of September.
I will be attending a German school, attending German culture, attending adventure, and attending the most courageous thing yet to come in my life. Am I excited? yes. Am I scared? yes. Am I ready? I'll find out.
It's kind of finally hitting me that I am actually going to be living there for a school year... without my family, without my cross country/track races, without Timpview, without English, without Mormon culture, etc. But, let's take a step back from the bad things. Imagine what I'll gain. It's endless, my friends. They are the reasons why I am doing it.
You may just remember me titling this post with the name of Documentation.
Well, let me explain. This blog will be my documentation of my whole German living experience............ and probably other things too. I am not much of a blogger but do not fear; I will try to be. Whether or not you enjoy it, I do not care.
Well, readers.. If someone is actually reading this. I hope you will follow along with me on my journey and listen to my "not-so secret thoughts and happenings". Take my hand and I'll take you there.
Also, Happy Summer!
cheerio!
Miss McKenna Marie Anderson of Hertfordshire
You might remember, I'll still be in DC when you get here. I'll take you out to lunch/dinner/breakfast . . . [imagine a wheedling sort of voice here.]
ReplyDeleteI understand exactly what you mean about being both ridiculously excited and ridiculously scared/nervous. I'm sort of feeling the same way about China. So we're kindred spirits. :)