I know I wrote about Florence from Florence + the Machine a while back as I do have one big fat lady crush on that woman. I heard something from her a few days ago and she seemed to put all my feelings into words:"That's the great thing about music: if you're
feeling down or alone a song can come on, and it will actually speak to
you, and all of a sudden you'll feel like someone else somewhere went
through the same thing. It's like that with books, and art. It's just a
way of getting in contact, connecting with people."
This is why I so desperately love books which apply to me. Why I listen to sad music when I'm feeling sad, why I turn on a romance when I feel lonely. It's all about connection. Human connection. Knowing that we all somehow relate on the same levels. It's beautiful.
I'll admit, Adele has gotten me through much pain the past few days. Thoreau has enlightened me while Matt & Kim continually drive me to experience something new each day. I feel a connection with all these many artists and I thank them for sharing. Hell, I thank many of my high school acquaintances for sharing their writings, photos and music over the internet. Having graduated in 2013 only brings a greater connection.
Thank you for your words.
No comments:
Post a Comment