M.C

M.C

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Herbst Ferien

1 week and a half ago, it was Herbst Ferien (Fall break)
The week started off with me going to my host mom's Marathon in Frankfurt for that first weekend. Which I think I may have mentioned before.... possibly.
Anyways, much to my advantage, it was very interesting. The finish line included the runners running into the fest halle while running on red carpet... Exaclty what a runner would want to do.


here is a blurry picture of european runners. Hopefully it meets your liking.


I love German architecture. Frankfurt.


and here is a picture of the Frankfurt marathon winner. You guessed it right, he is a Kenyan.

Anyways, my goal was to tell you about my adventure across the border.
So, where to begin?
It was Tuesday morning, I had just back from my run. When all of a sudden a woman from my ward (Erlangen ward, that I have attended 3 times).

Side note: This woman happens to be the mother of 6 kids and the wife of a BYU professor. And, they just happen to come from Springville. Springville, as in only 2 miles away from where my house is. Coincidence? I think not.

Anyways, she called me and asked me if I would like to travel along to Salzburg, Austria with them. As in, get ready in 1 hour. I gladly accepted.


Before I arrived to the train station though I didnt realize that they actually had 6 kids. And I didn't realize I would make the 7th.
See where I am getting at?
It was a complete Von Trapp family reenactment.
I was the oldest (16 and going on 17 in exactly 1 week), followed by all the rest. And the rest fit the exact description of the other children in the movie. Same age, same gender. All of it.

Pretty funny, aye?


Anyways, we took a Sound of Music tour. As nerdy as it may sound, it was actually pretty interesting, for the most part. We not only got to hear history of the movie, but we also got to hear some of the history of salzburg.

P.S, this is the lake in which Julie Andrews and all the von Trapp kids fall in while they are in the canoe. And also the lake which is behind the von Trapp family house.


I love the alllllps





The famous Gazebo. 16 going on 17.


Yeah...


Oh hey, Mr. Red Bull's house!


Nicole. The girl who held my hand the whole trip. She is an absolute doll.


Mond See.


Katee.


Where Julie Adrews gets married.


me from a Nicole point of view


Mirabell Gardens. Where a lot of the Do Re Mi was filmed.


Hi!





stairs in Do Re MI





Europe is so cool, guys.


I have confidence, road.





Do Re Mi


Another point of view from Nicole





I didn't quite capture the beauty I wanted to. But, the salzach river is one of prettiest I have ever seen.


Haha, european playgrounds are coolest/most dangerous playgrounds I have ever seen.








View from the actual Salzburg. Salzburg literally means Salt Castle














Scary Marionette puppets.


Nicole and her Souvenier from Salzburg.
Yes, a hello kitty from Claire's.


Scott and kate on his shoulders. Such a darling family.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! It looks like you had a wonderful time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you got to live the Sound of Music. Was there singing? (Besides the singing in your head, I mean.)

    It looks so beautiful there! And that playground slide looks like the missing piece to fill my black hole in my life. I'm so jealous of you. But in a nice way.

    ReplyDelete