My apologies if you have been checking up on this blog to then find that I actually haven't posted anything new. I guess this blogpost just makes for a pleasant surprise. :)
It's hard to know what exactly to say or exactly where to start because all that I experience and see is completely new to my eyes, mind and soul. It also does not help having no ability to organize anything.
I'll start with teaching, for that is where I left off with the last post, I believe. Teaching is quite the experience. My students are the cutest things you could ever lay your eyes on while at the same time- the most obnoxious. These kids could run around, hit each other, scream all day and still not show a small bit of exhaustion, I swear. They suck a lot of energy out of me, but I still continue to adore them.
For the most part, my students English is good and understand most everything I say while being able to get across what they need to say. It's hard knowing exactly what they need to improve on, as we are just replacing the last teachers who were here. My students are roughly the ages 6 and 7 with one child being 5, as he skipped a grade (he's quite the intelligent one.) They struggle with conjugation. For example, "she have a blue pen" while also not being able to get subjects down. Like- "Me want to play, teacher." And then you wonder if getting the point across is more helpful than actually getting the grammar. I believe they'll eventually pick up the grammar... it's also hard having kids be at all sorts of levels and trying to teach
These kids have also taught me quite a bit. One thing being that a monotone voice is never the solution. I'm a person that has never had the ability to produce a lot of emotion. Es ist einfach so. I'm not sure whether I should praise myself in being so, or should pity. Let's just say, it has had to change teaching children.
Here's a few photos of my little rascals
Aomsin and Pan
Pordee (the intelligent 5 year old)
Pordee took my camera and had a blast snapping photos
Pan and Post
Aishi
Meephoo is my ninja
And there is a blogpost which is semi dedicated to the teaching life.
CIAO
All the best
M.C Kenna
No comments:
Post a Comment