M.C

M.C

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Departure in 2 Weeks.

It seems as though blogger concurred as one of those internet fads, which hit and then slowly fled. Though that does not matter. I depart for Thailand in two weeks, and I attempt to share some of my thoughts of the culture, land, and of course my own thoughts via this blog. I find blogger to be the easiest way to do so, though looking back at how i used it for Germany, it was more like journal entries in a hope to show my real feelings (which seemed to be a bit depressive?) I should've used it more wisely, for myself and of course for those who decided to read it.

 This summer has been the greatest of my life, and I couldn't have asked for a better one. I've figured a lot out and have met some pretty rad folks. Though my job is by no means the greatest, it's been an interesting experience.

 I'm not sure what my feelings are on going to Thailand are yet. I definitely won't be getting the culture experience I was able to get in Germany. If anything, I feel like the 6 girls who are going are in for the vacation/travel happy experience. Which I don't necessarily want it to be... but as I can only say a few phrases in Thai, it may be difficult to try and really capture the culture. For those who aren't aware I am teaching English to thai children (roughly ages 4-7) through an immersion program. I will be with 6 other americans (mostly from the Utah, Colorado area) and yes all are LDS (we'll see how that goes about....) We'll be there until before christmas and will be teaching no more than 20 hours a week. So, I am going to have quite a bit of free time. I'm still coming up with ideas in how i can improve myself in that free time. The cold feet syndrome is beginning to hit me. I sure hope to god that this 4 month volunteer journey is worth postponing my college education. Wir muessen einfach nur schauen, wie es wird.

No comments:

Post a Comment