
I couldn't feel anymore indier (compartitive suffix form of the word indie).
Sipping my warm cappucino despite the rainy weather of the German city outside.. in a Starbucks while wearing a scarf, cardigan, MJ tshirt and toms. And all while writing in a blog and listening to Regina Spektor and Feist.
And although you might not believe it, it's about to get even indier.
You may not recognize it. And no worries, if you don't. Because I sure didn't... that is before I saw the orginal masterpiece, almost a year ago.
And this "almost a year ago", in which I speak of refers to that time I was in the brilliant land of The Netherlands for a week with my pa. Although I was completely sick of museums by the end of that week, if you asked me which one I loved most.. I would, without hesitation, reply that the Vincent van Gogh museum in Amsterdam was my favorite. And painting, I would anwer "Almond Blossom".
You can probably see where this is getting too... This painting is a painting of Vincent van Gogh called "Almond blossom". He painted this for his Nephew that was to be born.. Representing "rebirth". Which is what blossoms exactly are. That is, if you thinkk about the the tree cylce. A tree begins with the sweet tiny blossoms, which will then blossom and blossom until they become luscious beautiful leaf.... Then coming to the time of departure, falling apart and then completely gone, where the snow will eventually take it's place.
Although this might sound a bit quaint. My life in Germany can be compared to a tree.
I started off as some sort of a leaf (atleast I think so), curious, naive waiting to see what would actually happen.Then there came the point in which I began falling apart, shriveling up until the snow storms completely beat me up. A point where I was completely gone and hidden beneath the snow.
And here is the moment where you can put a grin on your face. I am at that point of rebirth. The blossoming point. I have never felt more refreshed in my life. I am growing so much... My german is so much better (okay... not my accent), I love the people, I love my host family, I love it. And to be honest, I kind of don't want to go back to Provo.
M.c Kenna
No comments:
Post a Comment