
I have always had this va
st love for the country of tulips, windmills, orange, below sea-levelness, canals, bikes and don't forget the wooden shoes.. Yes you guessed it: HOLLAND.
What better time to be in Holland than the glorious spring time? (which I already ranted to you about). As you probably know, Holland is known for their tulips and tulips just happen to bloom in the spring time. I knew I would see tulips, but I was not quite sure how many I would see. They have farms and farms of tulips there.. and a whole 72 acres of 7 million tulip bulbs in The Keukenhof gardens meant for tourists like me. The smells.. the colors... Phenomenal my dear friends, phenomenal.
As for windmills, I got my share of windmills, trust me. Holland is literally below sea-level and should be under water but, thanks to the brilliant Dutch Engineers they separated their
country from the sea by the help of windmills and toooons of canals. I had no idea how much water they actually had. Canals are in fact everywhere. The picture shown below is the town of Leiden. Leiden happens to be where the Pilgrims of the Mayflower actually left before they arrived to the U.S... jus
t in case you were wondering.

bikes were also a surprise. You couldn't look anywhere without seeing a bike passing or a bike parked. It's the main source of transportation. Made me want to be Dutch, truly. I love those people.
and this story will be continued... Shortly. Because this Post is already getting really disorganized. So, hold on while I get my act together and my seat belt fastened.
No comments:
Post a Comment